Easter and Josie Bear

As a father, I was literally stopped in my tracks. I did not know how in the world to make sense of the new world around me. More crippling was the new world within me that had no bearings and no mortar. And this is where the process got tricky. The feelings that I had when I was a new father were kindling something even deeper. Being a new father reminded me, in vivid color, of my first moments as a Christian. And this is how I came up with the name of the book. I was re-born as a father just as I was re-born as a Christian. To be honest, I had always looked down on people who were “born again.” I grew up on a college campus, so I had been fed lots of reasons to question “un-thinking and emotional” people. The most important prized attribute in my family was a sound mind. Whether it was stated verbally, or non-verbally, our ability to think critically was paramount. And, as I thought, there was a disconnection between thinkers and believers. But the day that I did surrender to God, it was as if I was swimming in a new part of the pool. Likewise, as a dad, I was swimming in that same section of the pool again.



Comments

Popular Posts