My Real Estate Mindset!





This is a picture of a Great Dane. I have a great dane. She is a joy, but she is also a mess. She eats hamburgers and whole chickens that sit on the counter. I am not kidding! But this is not an ordinary Dane. This is a roller skating Dane! When I clicked on this picture, I immediately was reminded of my mindset within real estate. 



What is your MINDSET? As it comes to buying your home, where is your mindset? Ae you feeling open to the process? Have you gotten discouraged?  Have you taken the right steps to get pre-approved for a loan, for instance? Or have you already decided that you cannot afford a home? In this market, our mindset is certainly starting to get overwhelmed by the lack of homes that are available in our price range. 

                                                        

Let me explain further! Being a great dane on roller skates is awkward. It is hard. Balancing life and real estate is so very hard! The Dane in roller skates must display lots of coordination. Otherwise, these skates will end up sending little Otis into a belly flop. And so how does this DANE keep himself moving in the right direction. Specifically, what are some important things that contribute to your mindset? 


Let me just suggest, from the start, that in the life of real estate, it is a lot like this Dane! It is a big challenge! But there are 4 things that have helped me stay grounded, and strengthened in the race of the crazy 2021 market. And there are 4 things that can help your mindset! 


Think of it like exercises, encouraging muscles that have not been used lately! I have struggled in life, and in real estate. I remember the day I failed the first real estate exam. I was so sad. But I was also determined. My mindset was focused on the goal, which was to get a license. I have also lost clients. It happens to the best of us! And I have lost listings. But, these 4 things have helped me move from selling one house a month, to selling four houses in a month. And, like I have said, these tips might help you and your mindset!  




  • Engage Your Sphere and expand your database by making phone calls all the the time, every day! 

For some reason, I have always enjoyed the phone. And sometimes it is completely random. But often times, picking up the phone is part of a plan. On your phone, you have a place to take notes. Use that note application. Jot down numbers, random conversations, and the names of people you run into! Lots of people are talking about real estate dreams right now. Write them down, put the name next to it, and try to get a number. I would suggest using not only notes, but I would suggest using RealScout, or another program, to make an even deeper impact on your clients. This third party source, such as RealScout, allows me to auto-generate info and content for clients. At the moment I have around 10 interested buyers, and each of them can engage with the RealScout portal, and each client can navigate this site without even speaking with me. It is great.  

  • Hire an assistant


My friend, who will remain nameless,  has literally changed my real estate life. She sends paperwork to my clients, and she sends Docusign packages to my clients all the time. One day my clients were putting in an offer at Starbucks, and she was literally on her computer putting info into the document while I sat with my clients. Because I am ADHD, this small help truly allows me to focus on the client, rather than the computer. This allows me to remain calm and better serve them. 






  • Work hard, and keep working hard

If you are in a profession which calls on all your energy, this often times means the night ends at midnight, and the morning begins at 6:30. Now let me add caution here. Do not sell your soul to real estate. Getting up at 6:30, for me, leads to a walk. The tall trees and dogs on walks are great reminders that it is a new day. But be careful about checking your email ALL THE TIME! I have done it. And I probably did it a lot today. But it can be a slippery slope! 




  • Find ways to do what you love and invite others to engage with you on your pilgrimage! 

I am learning that ultimately life is not about me! Life is so much more than that. Life is so rich, and so full. It is so cool when you can forget yourself, and just serve your client. It is so cool when you can drive from Chapel Hill, to Holly Springs, without even thinking about it! And even outside of real estate, just think about your kids, ( if you have kids) and how much you love watching them play basketball. Or you think about your daughter and how much you love to watch her on stage. I play guitar. For me, it has been helpful to remain locked into my passions, and my joys as I serve others in the marketplace. These four suggestions may go a long way to helping you thrive, and helping you actually enjoy the pilgrimage, as you walk with those you serve!

Comments

Popular Posts