Thanksgiving for every wrong move

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!



www.pacificcrossroads.org

I thank God for the small things. This picture comes from the wedding of a friend named Seth. He married a gal from our church, and their wedding not only was a pleasing offering to Jesus, but it was a blessing to me, and to my marriage. During the return trip my wife leaned over to me and said, "It really made me think about the day that Josie may get married." That is scary. 

Today I am thankful for a good salad from Zoe's. Today I am thankful that I got to walk inside to my kids' school and smile at her 2nd graders teacher, and actually bring her visible joy. Today I am thankful that I have pots to cook inside of, and an oven that will heat my pizza. I have not been thinking like this much lately. Today I am thankful that my son Silas is loved by his classmates, so much so that they scream out his name when he walks through the door. 

I thank God for the courage to sit through a hard conversation. I have so much to be thankful for. I thank God for my counselor that I see every 3 months. And today I am thankful for one more thing. I am thankful for the greatest thing. I am thankful for the deeper part of healing. I am thankful for the Lord of the harvest that beckons me to sit and watch and rest. I am thankful that I have gotten caught up in the triumph of the lamb. I am thankful that my soul has been put to rest by the only one that can calm me down. 

And I am thankful for this sermon above here. Everything that I am thinking about right now, and trying to prescribe for you, comes out of the sermon that I heard. 


Comments

Popular Posts