Tales of a New-born Father


The summer has kicked in. The kids are delighting in the pool, while I am delighting in not having to take them to school every day. The summer brings about a delightful place of relaxation, but also it brings us to the end of our ropes. We realize how unable we are to manage. And that is a good thing. If we thank we can manage everything, we have not woken up yet. Its like being introduced by your dad to a friend. In my case, I cannot stop it from happening. I was introduced all my life. “John, I want you to meet my son Peter.” “Phil, I would like you to meet my youngest son.” I have heard it 10,000 times. I have done it 10,000 times. And it is good. But I must be honest. I have often been uncomfortable with being introduced. I am not sure why. But as I write this memoir of my life, one theme continues to ring in my head. Life is about introductions. And the most important introduction is the one that happens with God. In other words, God wants to introduce us to His creation, His people, and Himself. If we never allow Him to introduce us, so to speak, we never get to experience the delight that He has in us, for us, and around us. It is the most important introduction of our lives. And God feel the same way about us as he does for himself. "This is my son in whome I am well pleased."

Comments

Popular Posts