Royal Wedding

Its hard being dad. Its so very hard. Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy. You have to miss things like Royal Weddings, National Basketball Championships, and Tim Keller. But its ok. I am just whining. I am being like the people of Israel.

We all want it to be part of the Royal Wedding, because we know that it is true. And it is folks. While being a dad is hard, and while its so very hard to discipline my boy ( Silas), its good for me, and its good for him. It will lead to everlasting peace. I know that sounds weird, but I think it you will follow the logic, it is true. It will lead to joy. It will lead to a wedding. Without the discipline there is no freedom. Ah Hah,

Without the discipline of the wedding, today, without the inner--choreography, it would not make any sense at all. And so I thank God for how hard it is to be a dad. I know that as my boy grows up, he will also champion the values of discipline, and he might even cry over it. But in the end, we arrive at the wedding. And then there is something even better. Its the feast afterward. There is tension during the wedding. Yes there is. But afterwards, its all over. Let the dancing begin.

My beautiful bride and my boy. If you want to hear a great song by her, please click on the Royal Wedding in bold above. 

Comments

Popular Posts