My boy

My boy.


This is Silas. He is my boy, just a tiny tot of a 3 year old. For him I am very proud. Its amazing how my stomach and heart can get tied up in knots over this little guy. I never knew I could love someone like this. It reminds of one thing Jesus said. "Faith can move mountains, faith the size of a mustard seed." Jesus is clearly referring to small things, and he is less worried about locating actual mustard. Itsy bitsy things can even move mountains. Small things even germinate and result in the most basic things in life. Think about the creation of a great idea, and how it first formulates in your mind while you are mowing the grass, and then one day the idea shows up in a business model. I think this is the perfect metaphor, the metaphor of a seed. As I watch Silas play his drums, and as he talks to his "baby" at night, his stuffed lanky bear from Pottery Barn Kids, I encounter the miracle of faith moving mountains. Nothing seems to move me more than my kids. This is why I refer to them as "God's jet fuel." More than anything else, they move me.

My life soars as I speed these kiddos from Spring Forest Road, to Falls of the Nuese, to Six Forks, and back again. As I transport them to school every day, nothing seems to change. We go by the same houses. We seem to be speeding every day, running stop signs, and dodging squirrels. But in the midst of the hurley burley, the still small voice of Jesus transports us hither and yon. I have to remember that my excessive love for them propels me and guides me towards making the best decisions for my little people. And they help me because they remind me that even my own heart can be moved by the mustard seeds of life. These children are my mustard seeds, because even the slightest noise in the bedroom, a cry, or certainly if I loose track of one of them--terror can shoot down my legs like lightning. He is my boy. Because he is my boy, my love for him changes my entire life and reminds me that what Jesus said was true. It is perhaps the smallest things that move us.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts